Role : Manager Operations / Project Manager MICE
Department : MICE Division
Reports to : Director_Conference
Span of Control : 2-3 people
Primary Responsibility : Managing the end to end solutions for the Conference and Events
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Follow up on the concepts and proposals approved by clients and put them into reality.
- Source for materials and act as a negotiator to obtain cost-effective prices from suppliers.
- Supervision of team
- Key liaison between client, in-house designers, operations team and other 3rd party vendors leading up to the event, ensuring that both client and event requirements are met.
- Apply for licences, permits required with the relevant authorities.
- Coordinate and manage the set-up and production of the event on site, ensuring the delivery of a high quality event.
- Plan and propose workflows for every event.
- Supervise and manage all suppliers and contractors working on location.
- Ensure a smooth operation throughout each event.
- Required to work closely with the members of the team to collectively produce a successful event.
- To handle multiple projects from entry level to mega huge events.
- Logistics management and inventory control of all equipments, materials and any other items.
Competencies & Skills :
- 4-5 years of experience in the PCO/MICE industry.
- Possess a good network of suppliers and contractors contacts.
- Highly competent with excellent audio visual knowledge and hands-on skills.
- Able to take “common-sense” initiatives and make sound judgements and decisions.
- Effective crisis management.
- Good time management.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to negotiate in the interest of the company.
- A passion for events and communication with an accurate eye for details.
- Ability to handle pressure, multi-task and work within tight schedules / deadlines.
- Calm, resourceful, independent and vigilant.
- Knowledge of Online Registration processes
Value & Behavior :
- Customer service orientation
- Quality orientation
- Process orientation